English Heritage, a national charity, manages over 400 historic sites across England, including castles, palaces, and Roman forts.
With a vision to make history accessible, it offers memberships that provide free entry to these sites and support conservation efforts.
As of 2021/22, English Heritage boasted nearly 1.2 million members.
- Free entry to over 400 historic places.
- An informative handbook and free or reduced entry to hundreds of events.
- Free parking at English Heritage sites.
- A members’ magazine and e-newsletter.
- Exclusive events and free admission for up to six children per adult member.
- Discounted admission at associated attractions in the UK, including CADW in Wales, Historic Scotland, OPW in Ireland, and Manx Heritage.
Membership Options and Costs (2023):
- Individual memberships range from £57 to £69 annually, with discounts for seniors and students.
- Joint memberships for couples or adults living at the same address start at £96 annually.
- Family memberships for one adult and up to six children cost £69 annually, while a family of two adults and up to 12 children costs £120.
- Lifetime memberships are also available, ranging from £1,350 to £2,160 as a one-time payment.
- Significant savings on entry fees, especially for frequent visitors.
- Day ticket prices can be steep for non-members, making the membership financially beneficial for those planning to visit at least three sites annually.
- Easy access to a wide range of historical sites and events.
- Educational opportunities and the chance to support the conservation of England’s heritage.
Joining English Heritage: Joining is straightforward via the English Heritage website, where you can select your membership type and set up payment.
An English Heritage membership in 2024 remains a valuable investment for those interested in exploring and preserving England’s rich historical heritage.
With free access to numerous sites, exclusive events, and educational opportunities, it offers both financial benefits and enriching experiences for individuals and families alike.
Andy Halliday is a passionate outdoor enthusiast and an avid camper. He has been exploring the wilderness and camping in the great outdoors for over two decades, and his experiences have inspired him to write about the joys of camping and the beauty of nature.
As a camping enthusiast, he believes that spending time in the wilderness is not just a way to escape the daily grind, but also a way to connect with nature and gain a deeper appreciation for the natural world. Andy has camped in various locations across the country and on two different continents. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with fellow campers.
Through his writing, he hopes to inspire you to venture out into the wilderness and experience the beauty and serenity of camping. Andy articles and guides provide useful tips, advice, and insights on everything from selecting the right gear and equipment to finding the best campsites and hiking trails.