Which Is Best — Caravan and Motorhome Club or Camping and Caravan Club?
Motorhome registrations are on the rise in the UK, leading more enthusiasts to explore membership options with organizations tailored to caravan and motorhome travelers. Among these options, the Caravan and Motorhome Club and the Camping and Caravanning Club stand out as two of Britain’s most prominent and beloved holiday organizations. With their exceptional services and benefits, they aim to enhance the travel experiences of their members. But when it comes to deciding between the two, which one is the better choice?
This guide will help you explore the advantages of each organization, making your decision between the Caravan and Motorhome Club and the Camping and Caravanning Club a bit easier. No matter which one you choose, you’ll be well on your way to a fantastic holiday filled with unforgettable memories.
Caravan and Motorhome Club: Why Join?
The Caravan and Motorhome Club has been a leader in caravanning holidays for over a century, serving around one million motorhome, caravan, and trailer tent owners. They offer access to the largest network of sites in the UK and Europe, many of which are nestled in picturesque coastal and rural locations. Additionally, they provide valuable advice and support through their online Club Together community, allowing members to connect with fellow enthusiasts, seek guidance, and share their own experiences.
Membership benefits include:
- Exclusive access to motorhome and caravan insurance
- Access to the extensive network of top-notch sites in Europe and the UK
- Exclusive access to certificated locations: 2500 premium five-van sites
- On-call access to technical and practical advice
- Exclusive access to the monthly magazine
- Exclusive travel service for overseas holidays
- Zero deposits and free cancellations up to 72 hours in advance
- £10 per night discount on pitch fees at UK club-owned sites
- Exclusive access to the online community ‘Club Together’
Camping and Caravanning Club: Why Join?
While the Camping and Caravanning Club boasts a smaller network of sites compared to its counterpart, it doesn’t compromise on quality. Moreover, it offers more budget-friendly membership options, with online membership costing £37 per year and paper membership at £43. The organization caters to a wide range of member units, from small tents to large caravans and motorhomes, ensuring that all camping enthusiasts find a place to call home.
Membership benefits include:
- Up to 30% off site fees, with an extra 25% discount for members over 60 years old
- 108 award-winning sites
- An additional 1,600 certified sites, exclusively for members
- Free technical support and advice
- Up to 10% off ferry crossings
- 150 campsites in 13 European countries
- Specialist breakdown cover with the RAC, known as Arrival
- Unit matching services
- An award-winning magazine
- Additional discounts and offers from the club’s business partners
Which Caravan Club Is Right for You?
In the end, the choice between the Caravan and Motorhome Club and the Camping and Caravanning Club comes down to personal preference. We recommend comparing membership fees, discounts, site locations, and community support options. Whichever you choose, rest assured that you’ll receive exceptional service, fantastic benefits, and the opportunity to create cherished holiday memories for years to come.
Andy Halliday is a passionate outdoor enthusiast and an avid camper. He has been exploring the wilderness and camping in the great outdoors for over two decades, and his experiences have inspired him to write about the joys of camping and the beauty of nature.
As a camping enthusiast, he believes that spending time in the wilderness is not just a way to escape the daily grind, but also a way to connect with nature and gain a deeper appreciation for the natural world. Andy has camped in various locations across the country and on two different continents. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with fellow campers.
Through his writing, he hopes to inspire you to venture out into the wilderness and experience the beauty and serenity of camping. Andy articles and guides provide useful tips, advice, and insights on everything from selecting the right gear and equipment to finding the best campsites and hiking trails.